Each May we plan and host a graduation ceremony for homeschool students. This is a special way to celebrate their accomplishments and hard work. What follows is some information to help you plan, and the instructions for registering.
The 2017 graduation ceremony is May 20 at 2:00PM.
- This is NOT a community graduation. This is for students who attend Colonial Baptist Church or participate in one of Colonial’s homeschool programs.
- Advance registration is required.
- Each graduate receives one copy of a class yearbook. Because of the printing deadlines, we have a firm registration deadline of April 1. By April 1, participants must be registered and must submit the required photos and student biography. There is more information below.
Colonial Baptist Church is pleased to announce a special Graduation Ceremony for 2017 High School Graduates. Graduation takes place on Saturday, May 20th, at 2:00 PM. Immediately following the ceremony, there will be a reception for graduates and guests.
Please read all this material before registering.
- February 15, 2017: Registration opens
- April 1, 2017: Registration deadline
- April 1, 2017: Biography and photo submission deadline
May 19, 2017 at 6:00pm in the Sanctuary (mandatory attendance)
- Special Blessing dessert reception to follow rehearsal until 9:00pm
- May 20, 2017: Graduation Ceremony in the Worship Center with reception following in the Cafe
The registration fee is $80 per graduate.
You will need the following information when you register:
- Name of graduate (Exactly as it will appear in the program)
- Name of parents (Exactly at it will appear in the program)
- Contact phone and email
- Full address
- Birthdate of graduate
- Name of School (Exactly as it will appear on the program)
- Honor Society Member? (yes or no)
Graduate photos and biography
To be included in the program and yearbook, we must receive the following information by April 1. Because of the time required for printing, there are no exceptions to this deadline. We will use this information to create the program, create the yearbook, and read as we introduce your graduate.
- Submit a one paragraph biography of approximately 150 words. Some suggestions for what to mention include: interests and hobbies; place of birth; names of the immediate family; awards, honors and scholarships; clubs; community service; church participation; mission trips; favorite verse; University to be attended and future plans.
- Recent photo of the graduate.
The biography and photos can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you don’t have digital photos, we will scan a printed photo for you and return the print to you. Send them to:
6051 Tryon Road
Cary, NC 27518
Additional Items to Purchase
You will need to bring the following to the graduation ceremony:
- This is a cap and gown event. Each student wears a matt black cap and gown.
Each student must wear “church” clothes under the graduation gown. (Modest dresses for girls, dress shirt, tie and dress slacks for boys. Black shoes for both; no “flip flops.”)
- Tassel in a color of your choosing.
- Diploma and diploma cover. (Black or NCHE Green)
- Single gold honor cords for those students in an Honor Society.
- Gold stoll for students with a GPA of at least 3.75
- OPTIONAL: Announcements to use for inviting guests. If you plan to purchase announcements, here is the information to use: Colonial Baptist Church / 6051 Tryon Road; Cary, NC 27518 / 2:00 PM
Some sources for obtaining these items include:
www.trimandtassels.safeshopper.com (for honor cords)
(Remember, you must attend Colonial Baptist Church or participate in one of Colonial’s homeschool programs to participate in this graduation. This is not a community graduation.)