Each May we plan and host a graduation ceremony for homeschool students. This is a special way to celebrate their accomplishments and hard work. Congratulations on reaching this milestone!
The 2018 graduation ceremony is May 19 at 10:00AM.
- This is NOT a community graduation. This is for students who attend Colonial Baptist Church or participate in one of Colonial’s homeschool programs.
- Advance registration is required.
- Deadline to register is 11:00pm on April 2.
Colonial Baptist Church is pleased to announce a special Graduation Ceremony for 2018 High School Graduates. Graduation takes place on Saturday morning, May 19th, at 10:00 AM. Please note this new time. Immediately following the ceremony, there will be a reception for graduates and guests.
- February, 2018: Registration opens
- April 2, 2018: Registration deadline
- April 2, 2018: Biography and photo submission deadline
- May 18, 2018: Practice at 6:00pm– Mandatory rehearsal
- May 19, 2018 at 10am: Graduation Ceremony with reception following in the Cafe
The registration fee is $80 per graduate. The $80 fee will cover the following:
- Rehearsal night Blessing & Refreshment
- Graduation Day class photo
- Graduation Day reception for family and friends
Graduate To Do List
- Submit a one paragraph biography of approximately 120 words. Some suggestions for what to mention include: interests and hobbies; place of birth; names of the immediate family; awards, honors and scholarships; clubs; community service; church participation; mission trips; favorite verse; University to be attended and future plans.
- Send 3 photos- baby picture, elementary/middle years picture, and recent informal photo of the graduate.
- Send 1 formal graduate photo.
The biography and photos can be sent to email@example.com.
Graduation Dress Code
Each student must wear “church” clothes under the graduation gown. Modest dresses for girls, dress shirt, tie and dress slacks for boys.
Black shoes required for both male and female; no flip flops or sandals.
Additional Items to Purchase
You will need to bring the following to the graduation ceremony:
- Black cap and gown (matte finish)
- Tassel in a color of your choosing.
- Diploma and diploma cover. (Black or NCHE Green)
- Single gold honor cords for those students in an Honor Society.
- Gold stole for students with a GPA of at least 3.75
- OPTIONAL: Announcements to use for inviting guests. If you plan to purchase announcements, here is the information to use: Colonial Baptist Church / 6051 Tryon Road; Cary, NC 27518 / 10:00 AM
Some sources for obtaining these items include:
Blessing & Refreshment Time – After the mandatory graduation rehearsal, graduates and their parents are invited to participate in a special time of blessing and thanksgiving for what you and your student have accomplished. Refreshments will be served.
The rehearsal is mandatory but the Blessings & Refreshment Time is optional.
Senior Board – A trifold board or poster that highlights your student’s special moments, awards, certificates that have helped him or her arrive where they are today. These boards will be displayed in the cafe during the Graduation Day Reception. A Senior Board is optional.
(Remember, you must attend Colonial Baptist Church or participate in one of Colonial’s homeschool programs to participate in this graduation. This is not a community graduation.) Emails will be our primary form of communication. You will receive a confirmation email when you register. If you have not received any further communication by April 9, please contact Jonell Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.