Field Trip Clubs open to all Colonial Homeschool members. This is a fantastic opportunity for students to enjoy educational activities with other students their age in a small-group setting, and for parents and students to develop friendships with other families throughout the school year.
- Members of the Field Trip Club are divided into small groups of families, based on the ages of their oldest child. All younger siblings are invited and welcome to participate. This grouping helps each club plan age appropriate activities.
- Each member of the Field Trip Club will be required to plan at least one outing or activity for her small group.
- Registration and membership are required, but it is absolutely free!
If you are interested in joining the Field Trip Club, please see the groups’ descriptions below, and click on the link to the group that you would like to join (these are Yahoo Groups). Please note that once you join a group, no changes are allowed until the next school year. If you would like to be in a group with a friend who already participates in the Field Trip Club, make sure you find out which group she is in before requesting your group.
In your request to join, you must include the following information:
- Full name of parent(s)
- Names/gender/ages of children (as of Fall 2011)
- Phone number (home)
- Church membership?
Please note: To make sure there is room for everyone, you may only join ONE club.
- Group 1 if the oldest child in your family is 15 or older
- (Not Currently Active) Group 2 if the oldest child in your family is 13-15
- (Not Currently Active) Group 3 if the oldest child in your family is 11-12
- (Not Currently Active) Group 5 if the oldest child in your family is 9-10
- (Not Currently Active) Group 6 if the oldest child in your family is 7-8
- (Not Currently Active) Group 7 if the oldest child in your family is 6 or under
Here is how these clubs work:
- Remember that all group members are required to plan at least one field trip/activity for his/her small group. NOTE: If your trip is appropriate for a large group, please contact Scott Wylie for details on announcing it to our entire group.
- Plan events that are age-appropriate for your group. Honor all age restrictions that the event/place/company has requested.
- Find a date that at least several other families in your group can attend. Not every family will be able to attend every event.
- Send announcements to your group members’ e-mail addresses. If your e-mail address changes, please let the members of your group know, so you don’t miss out!
- When sending announcements, be sure to include:
- Event description
- Location, including approximate driving time
- Date, time and approximate duration
- Minimum age requirements
- Costs (may vary depending on ages and extra options)
- How to register/pay
- Cancellation policy and/or deadline
- Event website for additional information
- Your contact information for rsvp’s and questions
- After the registration deadline, send out a confirmation e-mail to the participants:
- Exact address of the event, driving directions and/or website
- Information about where to park and where to meet.
- A reminder of your cell phone number for last-minute changes
- Food policy and/or lunch plans
- List of all participants and contact info (for carpooling, lodging, etc.)