Throughout the year, members of our group plan and coordinate field trips. We will advertise those as they are planned. We also have some smaller Field Trip Clubs and you can find information about those HERE.
If you want to plan a field trip, let us know what you have in mind. Once you have the details worked out, we can take care of registration and payment (if necessary) and make sure the event is advertised. Please read the following information to help you know the type of information we will need, then contact Scott Wylie with your idea!
Planning A Field Trip
We welcome and encourage groups to plan events that all members of Colonial Homeschoolers can attend. There are some activities, a zoo trip for example, where a large group can easily attend.
- Check for other Colonial Homeschoolers events and conflicts on the calendar.
- Gather the event details, including date, start time, end time, maximum number, cost, travel logistics – everything we would need to communicate to the participants. Here are some things to consider:
- Date and location of field trip
- Transportation arrangements
- Educational purpose of field trip
- Provision for special needs students
- Clothing for the trip
- Lunch arrangements
- Money needed
- Trip schedule
- Contact Scott Wylie with the logistics of your trip.