These are the registration policies for both new and returning families.
SEEK holds three Training Meetings. The purpose of each Training Meeting is to discuss SEEK policy information and to collect required registration forms. The first meeting will be for Group Leaders only, the second meeting for Members (assistants and nursery workers) and the last for New Members (waiting list). Please do not bring children other than nursing babies to training meetings if possible. Refer to the Calendar on the SEEK homepage for training meeting date information.
Complete payment must be received at registration to reserve a space for your family. Please note that we cannot issue refunds after registration meetings.
Online Submission of Group Preferences
Group Leaders, Members and New Members are required to submit their group preferences ONLINE prior to registration. The order in which you submit your preferences ONLINE will not determine the order that your registration is processed. The submission form will be available on the SEEK website for a specified period of time, and changes can be made to your information at any time during that period. However, once that period has ended all submissions are final and no changes will be allowed, so rank your choices carefully. See specific meeting details below for registration information. Members will be notified via email when the form becomes available.
SEEK is a co-op that requires the participation of parents, therefore a family is only allowed to register their own children and/or foster children. Parents may not register children that do not reside with them, even if the parent is operating a DNPE two-family homeschool.
Department Age Ranges:
- Nursery and Preschool (0-4 years old) 9/1/2012 to present
- Early Elementary (5-7 years old) – 9/1/2009 to 8/31/2012
- Elementary (8-10 years old) – 9/1/2065 to 8/31/2009
- Middle School (11-13 years old) – 10/16/2003 to 8/31/2006
- High School (14-18 years old) – prior to 10/16/2003
Group Leader Registration Meeting Information
- Prior to the meeting, the committee will process Group Leader ONLINE submissions. Group Leader families will be processed before Member families. Leader family registration order will be determined by a computer generated random lottery process.
- Registration meetings for Group Leaders are MANDATORY except for travel or illness. In these circumstances, and if the Group Leader has submitted their group preferences ONLINE prior to registration, the Group Leader can give registration forms and payment to someone else attending, who can finalize registration for them. Absent registrations for Group Leaders will be processed in order of the randomly chosen number, not after everyone present has registered, as was our previous policy.
Member Registration Meeting Information
- Prior to the meeting, the committee will process Member ONLINE submissions. Member families will be processed after Group Leader families. Member family registration order will be determined by a computer generated random ordering process.
- Registration meetings for Members are MANDATORY except for travel or illness. In these circumstances, and if the Member has submitted their group preferences ONLINE prior to registration, the Member can give registration forms and payment to someone else attending, who can finalize registration for them. Absent registrations for Members will be processed in order of the randomly chosen number, not after everyone present has registered, as was our previous policy.
- ***Please be aware that ONLINE submission by Members does not guarantee registration.*** If a Member submits ONLINE but does not attend the meeting OR does not send payment with someone else on registration day, we will assume that family is not returning and delete the submission on registration day. Those spaces will be given to a waiting list family the day after member registration.
New Member (Waiting List) Registration Meeting Information
- Registration meetings for New Members are MANDATORY with no exceptions – one parent must attend to register in SEEK.
- Waiting List families must submit group preferences ONLINE to remain on the list. Any families that do not submit will be removed from the list and will not be eligible to register. However, ONLINE submission does not guarantee registration.
- After all current SEEK members have registered, the committee will determine how many spaces are available for New Members. If space is available for your family, you will be notified via email prior to New Member Registration and invited to attend the meeting in order to finalize registration.
- New Member registration submissions will be processed in order of waiting list number ONLY for those families that attend the meeting.
- In addition, New Members must fill out the SEEK Volunteer Application at registration. Forms can be printed from the SEEK homepage, filled out, and brought to the mandatory training meeting.