Each semester, new families join the SEEK program. Here are some of the questions we frequently receive.
Who can apply to join SEEK?
- New families must have at least one school age child (a child who will turn 5 by August 31) to participate in SEEK. All children from birth to age 18 can participate in our program. Due to limited space, we cannot accept families with preschool aged children only.
- SEEK is a co-op that requires the participation of parents, therefore a family is only allowed to register their own children and/or foster children. Parents may not register children that do not reside with them.
- As a courtesy to the many families who would like to join SEEK, please do not apply for a spot on the waiting list unless you are committed to joining SEEK if a spot becomes available for your family.
When can I apply for a place on the waiting list?
The waiting list for the next semester opens at the end of the previous semester.
- The fall semester waiting list opens at 12 pm on April 1.
- The spring semester waiting list opens at 12 pm on November 1.
- After each registration the waiting list will be erased – no names or numbers will be carried over to the next semester.
How do I apply?
- In order to get on the waiting list, families must use the online application form available on the SEEK homepage. The first page of the application including our doctrinal statement can be reviewed at any time, but the actual application form will not open until 12pm on the date the waiting list opens.
- Each family will be assigned a waiting list number according to the order of applications received after 12pm on the specified day. A limited number of spaces will be available on the waiting list as determined each semester. After the spaces have been filled, the waiting list will be closed and no more names will be accepted.
- Please review the Registration Policy and the Policies and Procedures Manual on the SEEK homepage before requesting a spot on the waiting list.
What happens after I apply?
- You will receive a Confirmation email. Again, getting on the wait list does not guarantee your family will be accepted in to SEEK.
- We will know if there is space for your family after our Member Registration.
- Group Descriptions will be posted to the SEEK website and waiting list families will be asked to rank and submit their group preferences via an online form. There will be a preference submission period. Any families that do not submit their group preferences by the deadline will be removed from the waiting list. Waiting list families will be notified via email when this period is open.
- You will be notified via email one way or the other regarding your application status.
What if I can’t attend the New Member meeting?
- At least one parent must attend the New Member Orientation Meeting to register for SEEK. See SEEK Calendar for New Member Orientation Meeting date.
- If you cannot attend please do not submit an application.
If I offer to lead a group, can I get off the waiting list?
- Occasionally, families are allowed to get off the waiting list and guarantee a spot by leading a group. However, this is unusual and only happens if SEEK has an urgent need for a group leader in a specific department and no current members are available to fill the need.
- In this circumstance, we will ask parents on the waiting list that have previously been members of SEEK, in order of their number on the waiting list, if they are willing to lead a group. We do not offer teaching spots to new members without previous SEEK experience.
Who do I contact for more information?
Send questions to email@example.com..