Springs Christian Theatre is an extra curricular drama opportunity for public, private & home schooled students ages 8 and up to learn performance skills and teamwork through musicals and plays. Each semester class focuses on learning basic acting skills and culminates with a performance. For more information, contact Tiffany Schmidt at SpringsTheatre07@gmail.com.
Springs Christian Theatre presents…
Today’s performance has been rescheduled to tomorrow. See details below.
“Acorns to Oaks”
Thursday, February 20, 7 PM – canceled due to inclement weather
Friday, February 21, 4 PM – New show time!
Friday, February 21, 7 PM
Colonial Baptist Church
6051 Tryon Rd, Cary
Enter through the WEST rounded portico and follow the signs to Colonial Corners – 2nd floor of Children’s Center
Synopsis: This musical takes place at Promise Land Farm, where some farmers teach the Parable of the Sower to several farmhands who don’t know a thing about farming, or how it relates to the gospel. Using Matthew 13, the farmers teach the farmhands not only how to plant seeds, but also how to let the Word of God take root and grow in their hearts.
FREE Admission. It’s about 70 minutes long with creative characters, upbeat songs and a lasting message! A wonderful message for an audience of all ages. Hope you can join us.
Facebook: Springs Christian Theatre
Director, Springs Christian Theatre
“Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the ‘springs’ of life.” – Proverbs 4:23
Musical Theatre Class with Springs Christian Theatre
October 7, 2019 – February 24, 2020
Monday’s 3:30 – 5:30 PM
Colonial Baptist Church (Colonial Corners)
Production: final week of February
Parent info meeting and auditions/get to know each other group activities:
Monday, Sept 30, 3:30-5:30
3:30 – 4:00 parents & students
4:00 – 5:30 students only
$10/audition fee (due Sept 30)
$40/month tuition (due Oct – Feb)
• Email name & age of student by Friday, 9/27 to Tiffany Schmidt @ SpringsTheatre07@gmail.com
• Attend parent meeting @3:30 on Mon, 9/30 in Colonial Corners
• If you are trying for a speaking role, come with minute or less monologue (poem, speech, character from a book or favorite movie) — You could also prepare something with a sibling or friend. — Have fun with this!!
• If you are trying for a solo or duet, come with a minute or less song. (Any praise song you know well is great!)
• If not trying for speaking/singing roles, you do not have to audition alone. You can participate in the group scenes and song choreography.
• Only a small part of auditions will be singing/speaking. Most of time will be group activities, getting to know each other, acting games, & learning song choreography.
Commitment/Volunteers: Each family needs to have someone available to commit to helping put on our production. Volunteers interested in helping with various areas are welcome to contact me.