Colonial Homeschoolers is a support group for Christian homeschoolers. Although certainly not exhaustive, the following are statements that we all affirm as true. If you are thinking about joining, please read this section carefully. We do not require that our members believe all of these points. However, our programs all reinforce biblical teaching, and nothing is taught that contradicts these points.
- We believe that the Bible (the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments) as originally written is the very Word of God and the only truly sacred text.
- We believe the Bible to be the center of true Christian unity and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds and opinions shall be tried.
- We believe there is one and only one living and true God, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth; inexpressibly glorious in holiness and worthy of all possible honor, confidence and love.
- We believe that that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, having not been created, but being the Second Person of the Trinity, came into this world as foretold in the Scriptures to manifest God to mankind and to be the Redeemer of the sinful world.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature.
- We believe that man was created in innocence under the laws of his Maker; but, by voluntary transgression, Adam fell from his sinless and happy estate; all men sinned in him, in consequence of which, all men are totally depraved, are partakers of Adam’s fallen nature and are sinners by nature and by conduct,and, therefore, are under just condemnation without defense or excuse.
- We believe that, in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus; that it is instantaneous and not a process; that in the new birth the one dead in trespasses and in sin is made a partaker of the divine nature and receives eternal life, the free gift of God.
- We believe that faith alone in Jesus Christ is the only condition for salvation.
In addition to the above statements, the leadership of our various programs sign this Leadership Agreement.